Wednesday 5 December 2007

Musical moments

Last night while settin' on the couch and listening to a French "jazz" station (89.9), which really sounded more like 60's lounge music, we heard the song "Fever".

You know the song. Here are some of the lyrics:

never know how much i love you
never know how much i care
when you put your arms around me
I give you fever that's so hard to bare

you give me fever
when you kiss me
fever when you hold me tight
Fever
In the morning
Fever all through the night

It's kind of a sassy song. It ended up being our wedding song by default. We never picked a song, but at the end of night, the band who played at our wedding (Drums for Peace), encircled us and played "Fever" very slowly. It was magical as we stood outside under the stars on my parents' patio in the hot and misty air in the early hours of the morning with drums and voices surrounding us and wishing us well.


So I say to my husband, next to me on the couch, "hey, they're playing "Fever"!" "Yeah", he said disinterested, "they play it all the time."



Just now I was listening to a Nick Drake song and thought, "What if Nick Drake and Norah Jones ever played together?" I don't think I'd be able to handle it. Their voices are so beautiful and their music is so soulfull on their own, I can't imagine what it would be like to hear them together.

Favorite Norah Jones song (for the moment): "Nightingale"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your husband sounds like a really insensitive jerk.

Anonymous said...

Maybe your husband was reading a really great article in Popular Mechanics about "What Women Really Want" when you rudely interrupted his reading.

Anonymous said...

Did you say something?