Friday 15 February 2008

Bring back the franc!


Mark your calendars, all you franc lovers. On Sunday there will be a demonstration to bring the franc back as the currency in France. I have to admit that if I'm anywhere in the area, I'll be stopping in, as I do miss the franc. I especially miss the 50 franc piece that featured St. Exupery, and his character the Little Prince.

The franc may be out of sight, but not out of mind. At an art opening, I overheard two Parisiennes talking about the price of produce and how it has increased significantly recently. They were comparing prices in francs, not in euros, which I found endearing. Vive le franc!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sheesh -- I guess these guys don't quit in their franc quest.

I do love getting quoted prices in francs (happens a lot at the Marche aux Puces).

Here's the same manif last year!
http://pollyvousfrancais.blogspot.com/2007/02/lets-be-franc.html

Starman said...

I didn't mind switching to the euro, but instead of marking prices comparatively, they raised the price of everything. I think that's what most of the people are really complaining about.